30th June, 2008.
Dear Ezekiel,
I again pictured my life when I was not saved as the day closed. I was running my own world and pursued my own ideals. It was all about my own way of doing things. The pleasures of the distant country offered me fun which turned out to be folly. The thoughts of being famous were but a drain of frustration. I saw my life being pushed to the ground by sin and the injustice of the world. I was surrounded by gloom and darkness. The far country gave me no hope to the extent that I dined with pigs. The world grabbed every good thing from me. I had no strength to step out of the agony of sin. It was the voice that called from within that gave me strength. It said “Come home son”. I made up mind to go back to the Father where I would find lasting freedom and peace. The home I belonged had all the sufficiency for me. The voice of truth urged me to walk home. I stepped out of the deep loneliness of the far country as I left behind me the misery brought by sin. With my feeble life I started the journey though I was covered with patches of shame. I had been wearied down by the meaningless that exists in the world and the condemnation of sin. I approached home with doubts lingering within. I thought perhaps the Father would not forgive me, and perhaps I would not be welcomed at all. I never knew the Father had all along been waiting for my return. He saw me from a distance struggling to walk to the place I belonged. He came running and embrace me. It was that embrace that took away all of my fears and uncertainty. The Father had already forgiven me the moment I sought His forgiveness. I never thought there would be much to celebrate about my return. The celebration was all over the place. I was lost but now I was found. I acquired a new lease of life. I was home at last. Since then my life has found fulfillment. I have by God’s grace become connected to His express purpose. His testimony is written on my heart. I am no longer my own but His and He is mine. Yesterday I talked of you rising again. Friend, I say it here again that stand up on your feet and heed the voice that is calling you to come home. I will be glad to present you to the Christ of God complete and without blemish. Grace to you.
Yours Sincerely,
Raphael
Wednesday, March 31, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment